Friday, December 14, 2007

Death to Finals

UPDATE 2/24/13: Come find me at my new blog, www.mysweetnomsa.com where I post other patterns and generally awesome things. See ya soon!
----------------------------------------------------------
So throughout this hellish week of finals, I decided to unleash some creative energy by creating my first pattern. I apologize if there are any mistakes or if it is not written properly. I dig this Ipod holder though. It is for my cousin Ben for Christmas. I present....Death to Finals Ipod Holder.
Size 3 Needles
Worsted Weight Yarn (Main Color and Contrasting Color)
* I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Black (Main Color) and Cream (Contrasting Color)
* I am not sure about yardage. I don't think I used even 75 yards of each. But have 100 just to be safe.

With the MC, Cast on 24 stitches
Work 10 rows in K2, P2 rib
Work 1 row Knit, 1 row purl
**Start Pattern**
The shaded areas are the contrasting color (cream) with the empty squares being the main color (black).

Work these 24 rows of the pattern in stockinette stitch (aka alternating knit and purl rows).

After the pattern is complete ten rows of stockinette stitch in MC, ending with a purl row.

Repeat pattern again backwards, staring at Row 24 and working up.

Work 2 rows in Stockinette stitch with MC

Work 10 rows in K2, P2 rib with MC

Loosely Bind Off

I blocked mine before stitching it up by wetting a washcloth and ironing over it.

Stitch up sides using mattress stitch. Weave in ends.

Sew button in middle of rib stitch on one side. Braid yarn for two inches for the closure. Sew to opposite side.

Rock out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a quick note. I looked at Ravelry to find a pattern and saw this as recently added. Having finished finals TODAY, I just had to add it to my favorites. Plus it looks great :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I'm going to use your pattern to make an iPhone cover for fore someone who likes skulls (and cats) and wears black!